photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

April 24, 2012

Interview with book b-day author Elizabeth Norris!

Hello everyone! today is the release of the much awaited Sci-Fi novel Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris! *throws confetti* HAPPY BOOK RELEASE! This is Elizabeth's debut novel so be sure to show her some love in the comments below and tweet her congrats for her book release! In honor of the release, I have today for you guys an interview with Elizabeth Norris herself! Make sure to also check my review here, and also to go straight and buy it because this novel kicks butt!! 
Elizabeth Norris 
Elizabeth Norris briefly taught high school English and history before trading the San Diego beaches and sunshine for Manhattan's snowpocalyptic winters. She harbors dangerous addictions to guacamole, red velvet cupcakes, sushi, and Argo Tea, fortunately not all together. Unraveling is her first novel. 

Follow Elizabeth on 
Blog | Twitter | Goodreads 

Find Unraveling on Goodreads | Amazon | B&N 

Describe Unraveling in three words for the readers: Romantic Sci-fi Thriller   
When I read the synopsis of Unraveling I was really excited for the plot: FBI, countdown, world ending; how did you come up with this fantastic idea? It started because I was in a long distance relationship and thinking a lot about people who fall in love despite the fact that they're from different worlds. Once I had the characters and love story in my mind, I start thinking about the plot. The countdown was something that I thought would be really interesting--it's so much more tense than just "chapter 1" as a header.   
When did you know that you want to be a writer? I really wanted to be a writer when I was in school. I think it was in third grade that I started writing stories about my friends and I. I would write and then illustrate them. But when I graduated high school, I actually decided that I didn't want to pursue writing for publication. I had gone to a writing conference and realized how much I didn't know about the industry and also how sensitive I was (I pitched an agent and it went terribly and I started to cry). After that I spent a number of years working at different jobs and then writing for fun when I had time.    
The UK and US covers of Unraveling are so different from each other, which one do you like more? I personally LOVE the U.S cover.I love them both. I think the US cover is so different. I love the numbers in the background and the debris and fog too. It stands out next to other YA covers. The UK cover, though very different, also really fits the book, and it's incredibly striking. I love the expression of the cover model.    
If you found out that the world will end tomorrow, how will you spend the last day on earth? I'd want to spend it exactly how I spent my Saturday this past weekend. I slept in late, went for a long walk with my boyfriend and our dogs. Then we walked through Central Park and ate sushi at an outdoor cafe before going home and watching a movie and sharing a bottle of red wine. My favorite days are the quiet ones that I spend with the people who matter to me.   
What is your dream proposal? We already know what Janelle's is since she generously shared it in front of everyone in her english class, which I must say is one of my favorite scenes of the book! Like Janelle I would want a proposal that would be something special and just between the two of us. I think there's something to be said for a guy who can do something that shows he knows exactly what I like and what I think is romantic. I love flowers, strawberries and champagne though, so a proposal with those things would be extra awesome.   
What should we expect for your upcoming novel? Im dying to know, will there be a sequel to Unraveling? There is a sequel to Unraveling. It's going to come out in spring 2012 and it opens about four months after Unraveling ends. 

Check out the amazing trailer of Unraveling below! brought to you through HarperTeen's youtube channel here





MAKE SURE TO GO GET A COPY OF THIS AWESOME BOOK AND EAD IT IMMEDIATELY!!! 



2 comments:

  1. I loved this book and I love Elizabeth Norris for writing such an amazing story. She seems really nice too - I love her answer about 'how will she spend the last day on earth? '. I would do something similar, I love quite days spend with my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I love quiet days too. I probably wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary on the last day of the world. ;)

    ReplyDelete