photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

April 13, 2015

Salad Love: seafood and asian ingredients


Another month, another post of SALAD LOVE! This time I went a little eastern (the far east to be specific) and made a crabmeat, avocado, cucumber, and nori salad! One thing I did change was the cucumber. Unfortunately I thought we had some at home but turned out we were out. So instead of cucumbers, I added raw zucchini and honestly? I think that was more delicious than just adding cucumbers. 

As usual, this recipe had a "raw alternative" and that was basically replacing the crabmeat 
with something vegetarian. I really enjoyed making this salad and it was definitely less work 
and effort than the previous two that I made. 
You'll be seeing more cooking/baking posts in the upcoming months. They are such a nice change from the monotonous book reviews. Do you guys like them? 

3 comments:

  1. Not a salad I would eat but it looks so good. I'm loving seeing these posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos that you incorporate into your recipe book posts (especially because salads can be so colourful). Do you think this one would be alright without the crabmeat, or was it a vital feature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! if you notice in the book photos, there is a little lime green bubble, it says raw alternative. That's what I love about this book. It gives you other alternatives for people who don't eat meat. This one says to switch the crabmeat with red bell pepper or carrot :)

      Delete