photo home_zpspjo8kmb0.png photo about us_zpsarf3yetn.png photo reviews_zpshqab7na7.png photo book recs_zpsdmrlfetg.png



.

May 05, 2015

Cook Books Review: Seven Spoons by Tara O'Brady

Another one of our cook book reviews! This one is about Seven Spoons by Tara O'Brady. Have you looked at the cover? it is so eye catching and gorgous. It is definitely a cook book I would stop at just based on that. This turned out to be the focus of the book because Tara O'Brady's book was also inspired by her cook blog where she posts beautiful photos of all the recipes she makes. 

The official title is:

Seven Spoons: My Favorite Recipes for Any and Every Day


It seems that many cooking bloggers are getting their big break in the form of their own published 
books. This makes me happy because usually the photography is beautiful on those blogs to attract 
fanbase. I actually ended up even going on her blog and squeezed at all the gorgeous photos as well 
as recipes that range from breakfast to dinner. Seven Spoons is divided by meal types. From Breads 
& Breakfast to Sweets, treats, and sips. 

The recipe was also fairly simple however, there is a ton of steps in the recipes.. some are over two pages long. I 
like details, but this seemed a bit unnecessary. This wasn't the case in this recipe though. However what's nice is that 
at the beginning of each recipe, the author introduces it and gives a little adjustments depending on your day. For here 
you have options for a "luxe mood" or "lean days". There is also a note section on the sidebar that is helpful for people who 
have never cooked with any difficult ingredient, clams in this case. This recipe contains wine but because we don't drink alcohol, we substituted it with vinegar. It's a good thing my made made this because if it was me and I was faced with this delimma.. I would be online googling and panicking about my recipe not turning out right because the book didn't specify an alternative and what if nothing will make it taste as good?
Who always wants a photo of the finished product of the recipe they're trying out? *puts hand up*.. yup, I always want 
to see what my meal will look like.. I tend to over analyse everything and if I feel that I'm getting some weird color or look.. 
I'll think it's because I did something wrong.. that's why I never try out recipes without a photo.. unfortunately that's one disadvantage of Seven Spoons.. not all the recipes contain photos.. actually almost half don't and that saddens me to no 
end because I know the author probably has photos that correspond to these recipes but it's because each recipe will have 
to take up an extra page of the book, but it's already on the thicker side as it is. I think that was a complaint my mother and 
I (she cooked) had in regards to Seven Spoons. Another thing is the meaning behind the title? we assumed it meant all 
you need is seven spoons to make a recipe, but that wasn't the case. 

Recipe review:
However, reviewing the recipe itself? it was delicious! I couldn't stop eating it and I actually finished that whole bowl. This is a recipe that I will definitely make again because I'm a big seafood fan and I loved the broth made. This book contains many recipes from different countries. There are some greek, indian, arabic, and asian recipes. There are also some simple ones. I will definitely be flipping through it more and focusing on the recipes without photos too. 

 BUY SEVEN SPOONS:

No comments:

Post a Comment